Our Youth Workers are easy to get on with and full of ideas.
They can give you opportunities to learn new things and meet new people. They work with groups of young people to get help them get more involved with their community and have their say. Our youth workers also work with schools to deliver education programmes.
Youth work at MAP is all about informal learning and personal development so you can learn more about yourself, others, and the community you live in. Taking part in positive activities can help you to recognise your strengths and develop confidence and new interests. Our youth work programmes offer opportunities for young people to develop a sense of belonging and aspiration, and provide them with opportunities to realise their potential.
Our youth work services are delivered within three areas:
1 Positive Activities – offering opportunities for young people aged 11-19 yrs. These projects encourage young people’s personal and social development, help them to lead safe and healthy lives, and build positive relationships in their communities. Projects include:
- Targeted Positive Activities for Young People in Norwich, North Norfolk, and Great Yarmouth
- Hubs for Young People : North Norfolk
- Music Projects for Looked After Children : Great Yarmouth
- Maritime Effect : Great Yarmouth
2 Participation Opportunities – projects for young people aged 11-19 yrs to develop the skills and knowledge to allow them to have a voice and influence within society. Projects include:
- Youth Advisory Boards : Norwich and Great Yarmouth
- Youth Action Groups : Norwich and Great Yarmouth
3 Pathways to Progression – programmes of activity for young people to develop personal goals, develop and realise their ambitions, succeed in learning and work, and encourage them to be active in society. This is the most recent area in which we are providing services for young people. We will be developing opportunities throughout the coming year to include:
- Life Zones in School in South Norfolk, Norfolk, Norwich, and Great Yarmouth
- Youth Leadership : Great Yarmouth (ages 16-25 yrs)
- PHSE Programmes in Schools
- European Exchange Programmes promoting employment and volunteering (ages 13-19 yrs)
Much of our youth work is based on projects and activities. Take a look at the information below and find at more on the what happens where pages of this site.
Like to talk to someone about our Youth Work?
Positive Activities elsewhere in Norfolk contact Will –
07876 864281 or email email@example.com
Participation Opportunities in Great Yarmouth contact Colin –
07876 865990 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Participation Opportunities elsewhere in Norfolk and for general enquiries contact Paul –
07881 334755 or email email@example.com