You can still contact our Senior Young Parents practitioner by emailing email@example.com should you need advice.
All young parent courses have been postponed due to the current COVID-19 situation. We will update you ASAP .
We provide one-to-one advice, on-going support, scheduled parenting programmes and a drop-in group for young mums and dads. We have a female and a male advice worker who are specialists in supporting young parents. Our services are open to any and all parents up to the age of 25, including parents-to-be, step parents, and those who have been separated from their children. We support couples, single parents and non-resident parents. You might want to talk to us about:
• Preparation for birth and beyond
• Parenting skills and childcare – including parenting programmes
• Relationships and contraception
• Issues affecting separated parents – including child contact arrangements
• Mediation/parenting plans
• Child welfare and development
• Legal rights and responsibilities
• Safeguarding procedures or issues with children’s services
• Benefits and money
• Housing advice
Where and when?
Our Young Parents Drop-In is on Wednesdays from 1.30-4.30pm at our Norwich centre. It takes place in its own separate room on the ground floor and is a safe, welcoming space to come with your children. You can pop in for a while or stay all afternoon. Activities include:
• ‘Stay and Play’ or ‘Make and Take’: an informal creative activity for you and your child, or for those who attend without, make and take something away for them. This runs every week
• Free refreshments
• One to one advice for individuals or couples
The drop in is a place for young parents to get special, professional advice about issues that might concern them; whether they are practical things such as child benefit; or legal problems – perhaps to do with access; emotional problems or matters relating to health and lifestyle, their child’s as well as their own. But it is also a social thing too, where young parents can meet people their own age to share the highs and lows of being parents.” Sarah, MAP’s Senior Young Parents Practitioner.
Sarah is also available for one to one advice, either by appointment or drop in, every Tuesday and Thursday afternoon, 1.30-5.30pm, at our Norwich centre.