Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th September 2018
Help young people in Norfolk get counselling, advice, guidance and positive activities to support them in times of difficulty and to help them achieve their potential
How to take part
- Choose when and where you want to walk. You can walk anywhere for any distance, it just needs to be during our greatMAPwalk weekend of Saturday 15th – Sunday 16th September 2018. Walk on your own or rally the troops – get friends, family and colleagues to join you.
- Donate: Visit our fundraising page to make your donation (suggested minimum £5 per person, free or optional donation for children and young people under 25). Leave a message when you donate, telling us about your walk: where you will be going, who you will be walking with, why you want to walk for, and support, young people in Norfolk. You can also donate by texting GMWK18£5 to 70070. You can of course opt to donate more if you wish!
- Share: Keep in touch before, during and after your walk so we can share what you are doing and thank you on social media.
- During your walk, use the opportunity to think about young people; maybe a young person you know; the young person you were; the society and future you want for today’s young people.
- Afterwards congratulate yourself on knowing that you have taken steps towards creating better services and support for young people in Norfolk today!
Grow your fiver! 5 ways to increase your donation
- Please Gift Aid your donation if your are eligible. Your donation will magically increase by 25% at no additional cost to you. Thank you, HMRC!
- Ask your employer for matchfunding.
- Get sponsorship to do your walk.
- Recruit a friend to join you on your walk.
- Take a collecting tin with you as you walk. Just contact us and we can provide one for you.
Corporate Support – get your organisation involved
- Matchfund the donations of employees who take part.
- Organise a work walk.
- Help promote the greatMAPwalk by having some greatMAPwalk postcards in your reception area. Contact us and we will send you some.
Take part in the #greatMAPwalk and you will also be taking the 5 steps to wellbeing*
• Connect: walk with friends or family; talk to people you meet along the way.
• Be active: just walk!
• Take notice: enjoy your surroundings, wherever you plan to walk
• Learn: find out something new about the place you are walking or the people you are walking with
• Give: your donation will support young people in our community
And if you can’t take part…..
- Sponsor a friend or young person to walk on your behalf.
- Help spread the word by social media and by distributing our greatMAPwalk postcards in your local area. Email us with your details and we will send you some.
- Donate anyway!
Visit our Fundraising Page to make your donation and tell us how you will be taking part in the greatMAPwalk