Whatever difficulties you are facing we are here to help. Whether you are homeless, facing eviction, have overwhelming debts or not enough money to live on, our advice workers can help you take control of your life.
- Housing & Homelessness: We provide advice on your rights and options around housing, preventing homelessness, finding suitable accommodation, and living independently. We will help you with threats of eviction, appeal decisions made about your housing or homelessness applications, or we can contact your landlord on your behalf if you would like us to.
- Mediation: If you aren’t getting on with your family and it is affecting where you live, or your education or work, we can offer a mediation service. Mediation will help sort out family differences and difficulties and find a way forward that works for everyone.
- Money & Debt: We offer money ‘health checks’, help you open bank accounts, budget, prioritise your debts and can talk to your creditors.
- Benefits and Welfare Reform – Your Rights: We will advise on your entitlements and provide help with form filling, getting your benefits and appealing decisions if you’ve been turned down. We can double check what you’ve been told elsewhere, help you with complaints procedures or appeals, or come with you to important appointments to represent you and advocate for you. We are specialists about rights to benefits when you’re in education or training.
- New! – Mental Health Advisers. Mental Health Advice is a new service within the advice team that aims to offer the same high quality immediate support as our long-standing generalist advisors, with a focus on mental health. Mental Health Advice is a young person focussed, holistic service that looks to create a space for young people to explore mental health and wellbeing.
Where and when?
There are several ways you can access advice at MAP right now:
- Access our same-day service for immediate face-to-face appointments, which has now re-opened on weekday afternoons in Norwich and Great Yarmouth
- Phone our freephone advice line 0800 0744454
- Email email@example.com – Sometimes our emails get caught in spam filters, please check your spam folder!
- Come to our front door and ring the buzzer between 1:30pm-5:00pm (in Norwich) or between 1.00pm-5.00pm (in Great Yarmouth)
The advice line: 0800 0744454 is open 10.30 am – 5.30 pm Monday to Friday (except bank holidays).
You can drop-in to our Norwich Centre and Great Yarmouth Centre. There’s no need to make an appointment. Norwich is open for drop-in from 1.30-5.30pm Monday to Friday and Great Yarmouth is open 1.30-5.30pm Monday, Wednesday and Friday.