Do you share our commitment to supporting Norfolk’s young people? Fundraise for MAP and you will help more young people overcome the challenges in their life and to look forward to a more positive future.
Stuck for ideas? How about one of the following?
- Sponsored Activities: Find something you enjoy (or hate!) and turn it into a challenge. If you like cycling, how about cycling 100 miles or devise a specific route with landmarks significant to you? Conversely if you are a bit of a couch potato, how about setting yourself a target to run 5k in 3 months time? Or maybe you could use your fundraising activity as an opportunity to make lifestyle changes; so if you normally take a bus to work, promise to walk every day; if you are addicted to social media, go cold turkey for a month! Contact our Fundraising Team for a sponsorship form.
- Run Norwich is an award-winning 10-kilometer road race, organised by the Norwich City FC Community Sports Foundation (CSF), that takes place in the heart of Norwich’s beautiful and historic city centre. Run for MAP
- Turn your skills and hobbies into funds for young people: Are you a keen gardener? A great cook? A talented artist? Maybe you play or sing in a band? Why not hold a produce sale, tea party, cake sales, exhibition or concert and invite your friends and work colleagues? We can help promote your event and provide information about MAP for you to display, so your guests understand why MAP is important to you.
- Present perfect: Many people ask for donations to their favourite charity instead of presents at Christmas, at landmark birthdays or when they get married. By choosing MAP to benefit from your friend’s and family’s generosity you will be helping more young people get the support they need, when they need it.
- Students: Nominate MAP to benefit from charity collections at your school Many schools raise money for charity through collections for Non-School Uniform Days or as part of their Christmas concerts. Some schools have a Charities Week where the whole school make a special effort to raise money for local good causes in a variety of fun ways. Why not suggest MAP to benefit from your school’s fundraising activities? Choosing MAP will enable us to support more young people when they come to us for advice, guidance and counselling.
- At Work and In the Community: Nominate MAP to benefit from your organisation’s charitable activities Companies and community groups often ask their employees/members to nominate a local charity to benefit from their fundraising activities throughout the year. Why not encourage them to choose MAP this year? The professional support, advice, guidance and positive activities we offer young people enable them to find, secure and maintain meaningful relationships and jobs, making a real difference to their life chances and opportunities.
For more ideas, case studies and advice on how to fundraise for MAP, have a look at our guides; Fundraising for MAP and our Action Plan for Fundraisers. Or to have a chat about what you want to do and how MAP can support you contact our Fundraising Team.
We are grateful to and inspired by everyone who chooses to fundraise for MAP and we value all donations, however large or small. Choosing MAP and the young people of Norfolk to benefit from your fundraising activity is both generous and thoughtful. Thank you!